Monday 31 August 2009

Christmas Has Begun!

Well, I made my first lot of Christmas cards today. A wee set of vintage-style mini cards and a box to keep them in:


For the cards I used "Victoriana" vintage diecuts from Anita's and a selection of pps from Daisy and Dandelion's Christmas Collection A Winter's Tale, some gold ribbon and shimmery dot peel-offs. The box was made from a template found here. The box lid was decorated using reindeer Elements from Papermania. Can't quite remember what pack the pp is from.

Had rather a pleasant weekend, seeing my Parents and then my friend A on Saturday, and a very enjoyable day yesterday, visiting a word-of-mouth place called Jupiter Artland, which is quite intriguing. Unfortunately we didn't have time to do more than have cappuccinos and yummy banana muffins at the outdoor cafe (getting eaten alive by midges in the process), and now the place is closed until next May, but I would definately like to go back after that, with my camera! We then took a nice walk around Harlaw Reservoir, before the rain came on with a vengeance.

In the evening we chowed down on spicy noodles at Wagamamas and stuffed ourselves silly. My mouth felt like the inside of a volcano as I ate, but I deeply enjoyed my deep-fried tofu dish - it was worth the pain!

Day off today, unusually, but my hours are going haywire for the next week or three. Didn't make as many cards as I would have liked but I did come up with this for my "Feline Frolics" set:

The image is from a fab set of clear stamps by Penny Black, called Purrfect Day - they're just so CUTE! Used my new Dovecraft brush markers to colour it in. I look forward to doing more from this set.

I would have made some Pumpkin and Aubergine cards too, but would you believe, the set looks so pretty in it's packaging I'm reluctant to open it! I need to be strong...MUST...BE...STRONG!!!

No comments: