Saturday 9 May 2009

Bad Buns and Bongoes

And so another week nears it's end. It's been quite a pleasant one so far, despite a baking disaster yesterday when my much-anticipated rhubarb and custard buns turned out to be unfit for human consumption (or indeed ANY living creature's consumption!) and had to be consigned to the nearest bin. When will I accept that I JUST CAN'T BAKE?!! :o( Flour, eggs, milk and I just don't mix for some reason. Yet I keep on trying in the vain hope that one day I will actually produce something edible. I planned to take pics of the buns and everything. But they were frankly vom-inducing, so I didn't. Bah.

Never mind, in cheerier news, one of my July classes has been brought forward to next month and it's half-full already! Wahey! I'm going to be using Papermania's Cat Collection Kit (because I have a vague interest in cats as you know) and here's a sneak preview of one of the cards:


I paper-pieced the wee cat and I'm quite pleased with the result. Expect to see more in this "vein" soon.

At work I was asked to make some cards using various products that we have bucket-loads of and it was a challenge I was happy to rise to:

Products included Penny Black's "Ewe" stamp, Doodlebug's Pot Pourri Papers and Papermania's Scalloped Card sets. Thanks, colleagues, for your suggestions on how to put these together!

Finally, I'm feeling not too bad after several good nights' sleep in a row, as my upstairs neighbour has failed to play his bongoes (or whatever it is he has been doing at unearthly times of the day and night) recently. Thank goodness! My earplugs are getting some time off at last.

Well, I'd better go and get on with my Saturday now. That toilet won't clean itself you know!!

No comments: