Saturday 4 July 2009

Doodled Doggies!

I wish I could say this hot weather liked me as much as I like it. But the truth is, it doesn't really suit me at all. Everything seems to take about 10,000 times more effort to achieve than normal and I feel I've done little more than mope around sluggishly all week. There have been a couple of refreshing downpours and today looks promisingly sunny as opposed to the mizzly humidity that has had me drooping like a stick of old celery. I have downed copious vats of Lucozade in an attempt to acquire some fake energy but to no avail. I think I need a holiday. Which is why I've finally booked some days off work - yay! Roll on August!
Today I hope to relax; I'm getting my hair cut, which is something I usually enjoy. I've let my hair get far too long this time and it does nothing for me because it's so thick and heavy. If I go for the chop I will probably lose about 2 stone from my head!
My Doodled Doggies class was small but perfectly formed; a nice group of ladies and a good atmosphere. I had them making these:




I just love these gorgeous "Man's Best Friend" stamps from Woodware! I doodled the frames myself for the ladies to use and added Doodlebug rub-on letters and Papermania adhesive pearls. The kennel was drawn using the Cricut Doodlecharms cartridge and embellished with pen and rb-ons. The stamped images were shaded with Whispers markers and the class added their own doodled borders to finish.

Next week's class is the Circle Flip-Up Book. Here's a sneak peek:


The new Bloom & Grow Papers and stamps from My Mind's Eye lend themselves nicely to this project...


This is another wee card I made to add to my Pastel Tones set. The stamp is Studio G and I coloured the flowers with a pink Souffle pen.

Finally, some new Anita's ribbons arrived in the shop yesterday. I snapped up a few in nice, earthy tones..

Right, I'm off to have some leftover Pasta and Broccoli Bake for lunch and then get my hair sliced off. Byeee!

No comments: