Wednesday 15 July 2009

"Silence" (or not) of the Lambs

Apologies for slight absenteeism from blog, it's been a bit mad around here the last few days. There just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to get everything done! On Monday I worked frantically to get the final card made for my Diorama class, which is tonight (nothing like last-minute, eh?!)! And here's a sneak peek:


I just love those Bloom & Grow papers!

On Monday night the Work Girls and I had another crafting and eating session at J's (she has the house to herself at the mo) and she'd laid on a sumptuous salad fit for several large kings. We gorged mightily on roasted rosemary potato wedges, cheese, coleslaw, cous cous, pesto pasta, rice with veg, various salady bits, and then jelly and ice cream for afters! And she insisted we took the leftovers for our lunches the next day! Needless to say, after all the eating and merriment we were a little sluggish for crafting, but I managed to make a simple thank you card for an elderly relative who'd been generous to me:


Tree stamp is by Studio G, papers from Craftwork Cards, wording is from a delish Woodware stamp set and the frame was cut out on the Cricut.

Himself and I managed a wee jaunt on Sunday, up into the Pentlands at Castlelaw to view a "hill fort" and "earth house", which I'd thought might be of interest. They weren't. And the driving rain didn't help. Much more noteable was the walk we took down to Glencorse Reservoir, which passed through a working sheep farm. We were able to stand and watch a group of collies herding a flock of the woolly beasts out of a field. There was something pastorally delightful about being so close to the "action". Himself said, "Have you never seen One Man and His Dog??" Not in real life, I hadn't!

The walk also took us past a military firing range, in which there is Danger Of Sudden Death if the red flags are flying! Luckily they weren't but I was perturbed by other signs warning us not to touch any "military debris" in case it blew up! I had visions of land mines and hand grenades but apparently this was not the case - phew! Even if I'd had my camera out (I kept it in my bag during the rain in case it got water in it's "innards"), I wouldn't have been able to take pics as there were yet more signs prohibiting this. Interesting place though.

When we walked back past the farm, we saw that all the sheep had been herded into pens and that the lambs and mothers had been seperated. The sound of the lambs' panicked bleating as they milled around in their pen upset me a little, as they must not have known what was going on. Apparently it was something to do with weaning and thankfully not that they were going to end up on someone's plate (yet!) but still disturbing none the less. Sigh. I'm not very good when it comes to the harsh realities of life!

Finally, to make up for the fact that I have no photos to show from our countryside expedition, here's a pic Himself took of a lovely sunset outside my flat the other night:

Nice, eh?

No comments: