Saturday 25 July 2009

Ouch Ouch Ouchy!

Who'd have thought that using hair straighteners on a daily basis would be such a dangerous business? I've never, until very recently, been a slave to my "hot irons", but now that I've started flattening my hair, it's become a necessary part of my everyday routine. However, this morning, not only have I singed my ear lobe (yowl!), I have also developed what feels like toothache in my shoulder, which I can only construe as being a Hair Arrangement Injury of Repetitive Strain (or H.A.I.R.S.), if such a thing should exist. I think I should contact the medical faculty. They may want to write an article in their journals about this phenomenon. Or they may just tell me to put up with having wavy, bell-shaped hair and relegate my straighteners to the back of a cupboard. Most likely the latter, then. Sigh.

In more sensible news (or maybe not, actually), last night's Crafting 'n Pizza extravaganza was a raging success; possibly not on a creative level but certainly on a bonding one. Many, many laughs were had. K laid on a fab spread and I stuffed my face more than anyone, I think. We had japes and mishaps galore with the banoffi pies she'd made, including mistakenly giving the "raspoffi" pie that was intended for the banana-hating person to someone else, who didn't even notice the lack of ban in their offi until it was too late! Then K managed to drop an enormous blob of her pie onto the only card she'd made during the evening, which rendered it completely unusable (unless we develop a new line in scratch 'n sniff cards!)!! Oh how we laughed. It was great.

I was reasonably productive, using scraps and bits and bobs to make this selection of tag embellishments:



These will be going in my shop. One month in and no sales yet. Come on people, you know you want to!!

See you later: off to rub deep heat into my H.A.I.R.S.!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

feeling all inferior again!! Got to stop looking at your page. These tags are absolutely gorgeous!!

Debbie said...

Thank you :o) but I can't take all the credit, the tags were inspired by something in a scrapbooking mag, I just thought it would be a good way to use up scraps!