Monday 2 February 2009

Moaning Minnie

At the risk of sounding like a spoilsport - I HATE SNOW!!! Sorry, but I do. It's pretty to look at but driving in it turns me into a gibbering wreck. My wheels got stuck as I approached my driveway this evening but luckily the old "cat litter scattered under the tyres" trick worked a treat - phew! There is a blizzard raging outside at the moment. Sob. I wonder if anyone would miss me if I didn't go to work tomorrow??!

On a less anxiety-provoking note, the Stampin'Up party was a great success and much cash departed our bank accounts as a result. We can't wait for our purchases to arrive now and the girls at work and I are planning to have regular "card-making" nights so that we can motivate and inspire each other. I blooming well need to be motivated and inspired these days. Only one measly creation has left my desk recently:



It's a commissioned card for someone graduating in the medical field. The embellishments are hand-drawn as I didn't have anything suitable in my stash. I think it works OK.

I have no excuse for lack of mojo really, only laziness. Not when I have delights such as these at my disposal:





These are purloined from work, part of a delicious new "Sweet" range of papers and embellishments. I am planning to use them in a class very soon. But rather than actually trying to create something with them, I prefer to look at them and stroke them lovingly. Sigh. It's a hard life.

Couple of disasters this evening. My spring onion and mushroom omelette went horribly wrong and had to be hurriedly turned into scrambled eggs (bleh!) and my rotund feline Corrie broke into a bag of mini muffins I'd been savouring and scoffed most of them!! Arrrggghhh!!! I'm going to roll her into a giant snowball and propel her down the nearest slope! (Note to animal-lovers: I'm not really going to do that.)

No comments: