Friday 10 December 2010

Sigh...

Just when I thought I was getting a handle on all things wintery and snowy, in came a fresh wave of stressage. My flat kitchen roof was piled high with snow and on Tuesday evening I was panicked to notice an ominous wet patch developing on the ceiling. A wet patch that has gradually spread and now looks like this:

A portent of doom if ever there was one, especially considering that several of my neighbours' flat kitchen roofs have already caved in. Sob! So this week everything, including all craftiness, has ground to a halt, depressingly, and I'm struggling to feel at all festive. I am trying to accept that things like this happen and I'm not alone in having problems as a result of the excessive snow (feel free to share your tales of wintery woe!). A kindly neighbour has offered to unblock the problem pipe, so fingers crossed there won't be a roof-collapse situation, but if there is, well, I will have to adhere to the old saying: KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON!

Hopefully I'll be back with some craftation soon!

1 comment:

Sarpreet said...

oh no!!!!!!!!!! thats awful - get them back out - something is not quiet right