Wednesday 7 July 2010

Owwwch!

In the next few months I am going to have to buy rather a lot of things as I am moving out of a rented flat and have no bed or couch to call my own! Added to my list now is a PROPER CRAFT DESK CHAIR because I currently sit on a small stepstool (all together now - "Awwwwwww!!!") and it plays havoc with my posture. Not to mention it is rather sore on the gluteus maximus, which are now moulded into the shape of the step (complete with ridges - it's NOT a good look!) Sometimes it's a wonder that I get a single card made!

Anyway, enough with the moaning. A while ago my Dad gave me this little book he'd picked up at a sale. It had rather an unusual fabric-y covering and nice handmade paper pages, and he thought I might be able to do something with it:



I didn't feel it needed a LOT added to it so I finally decided to embellish it with some of the felt flowers from Stampin'Up's Sweet Pea collection:


As I had the felt flowers on my craft desk, I decided they'd also be useful in making funky-style flowers, put together with punched paper circles of varying sizes and a hand-cut vase. There wasn't any room for a greeting when I'd finished the card, but I don't think it needs one:


This card is now available in my Folksy shop.

Have a good evening folks!

2 comments:

Allison said...

what a difference some flowers can make
lovinf the card too
AllisonX

CraftyNess said...

Gorgeous as usual - just bought some more felt today - might just try these designs :)

Glad to hear all is going well with the house.

Vx