Tuesday 22 September 2009

Birthdays By the Bucketload!

I can't believe it's been nearly a week since I last blogged! Bad, bad blogger!! But it's not as if I've been doing nothing; far from it. There has been a plethora of birthdays, including my own and I am feeling quite positive about being officially "mid-thirties". I had a very pleasant birthday even though I was working during the day and had no particular plans for the evening other than to soak in a bubbly bath. It was lovely to hear from all my friends and family, and to receive some fabbo gifts and cards (including a first attempt at a hand-made one by A, which I was very impressed with!). On Sunday I arrived at the tail end of a BBQ held by my friend C to celebrate her own and her daughter's birthdays. I took with me a card for the daughter which was my first proper attempt at paper piecing:

The pp is from the Sweet Stack by DCWV. I love cherries!

One of the pressies I gave was this little chap:



I didn't make this, although I wish I could say I did. But I am increasingly keen on giving handmade presents, and as they are "doggy"people, I thought this was slightly unusual!

Also at the weekend I cooked the heartiest pasta bake known to man:

It contained spinach-and-ricotta-filled-pasta, aubergine and mozzarella and it provided several very generous portions! Our waistlines expanded mightily but it was worth it. Just looking at the rich colours made me feel all autumny.

Finally, I completed my custom order from Etsy in a couple of evenings; 30 Delightful Doggies mini cards in total!

I like being busy!!

No comments: