Tuesday 1 February 2011

Experimenting...

It's been a busy few days here at Mushroom Cottage. I think it's important that I keep myself occupied and have a routine to stick to; so far, I've managed it, although I'm sure there will be a few lapses!

After a pleasant weekend of visiting Himself's family and of taking a nice bracing walk at Beecraig's country park, I made myself useful yesterday (I hope!), helping Himself's mum on a stall she runs at a local hospital. She and her friend sell jewellery, handbags, scarves and gifts there, and, as it's in part of the hospital that treats cancer patients, they donate a good percentage of their proceeds to a cancer charity. I really enjoyed myself there and it was quite humbling too, seeing some of the patients passing through and wondering what their stories were. I hope I'll be asked to help out again, I don't think I scared off too many customers!

Craft -wise I've been "dabbling" yet again - this time it's Crafty Mushroom Decoupage!


It's only in the test stages at the moment, but I quite liked using it to make a card:

I'm currently in negotiations with an up-and-coming new local craft shop who might stock my decoupage, so I'm quite excited!

Now I just need to come up with some more designs!

1 comment:

misteejay said...

Super card.

Toni :o)