Monday, 7 February 2011

Busy Times

I hope everyone has had a nice weekend. Mine began on Friday night with an evening of crafting with the Paper Mill girls, and in between pizza-ing and nattering, I made some more owl tags:



It was quite an easy-going task, and didn't require much concentration, which was a blessing, as there was a lot of conversation to keep up with!

Over the weekend, Himself and I took a couple of long walks; one through the Dalmeny estate near Cramond and the other a canal walk to Winchburgh. Saturday afternoon, he watched the rugby and I read the most absorbing book I've come across in ages:



It's one of those harrowing, but heart-warming memoirs that makes you appreciative of leading a relatively privileged life (and also has you crossing your legs and exclaiming "Gruuuggghhh!" every few pages!) - and it reminds you of the strength and courage that the human spirit can possess. Sniffle. I look forward to immersing myself in the sequel!

Today I've been pottering, watching the seemingly endless rain (and snow!) through the window, and making a couple of cards:


I love using the brightest colours for my cards, it really cheers me up on a dreary day!

3 comments:

misteejay said...

Your tags look lovely and those cards are super.

Toni xx

Allison said...

fab fab fab
Allisonx

Veronica said...

I'd like to invite you to add your banner to our Digital Scrapbooking Topsite. It's free to sign up. Hope to see you there


Free Digital Scrapbooking