Thursday 10 November 2011

Muffs and Bings! (?)

It's been a busy couple of days. I was helping a friend at her Bags, Jewellery and Accessories charity sale event yesterday and took along some of my tealight gift packs ; they were all snapped up pretty quickly but I forgot to take a photo of them beforehand - doh! There was some lovely stuff available. One item I had my eye on was something like this:





I thought they were fab but when I tried a pair on they just didn't suit me :( Pity, they would be just the thing to keep my lugs cosy!!


I said I'd show some photos of the walk Himself and I took last Sunday - we visited the landscape-dominating "bings"; huge piles of spent shale which are the result of extensive mining in the area for shale oil during the last century. Now nature has taken control and they're starting to grass over but the bright orange colour does lend an unearthly ambience.







It's a very popular location for motocross riders and quad bikes - they were whizzing about all over the place!









And once again, it was superb weather!

Today I've been approving the proofs of my new-style business cards and labels which should hopefully be ready soon - very exciting!

1 comment:

misteejay said...

What a lovely place to be able to wander.

Toni xx