Friday 14 January 2011

An Award

Ironically, despite the fact that I have been a very bad blogger lately, I have been given an award by the lovely Sharon , which cheered me up, because I've been having up and down days of late.


So, many thanks to Sharon (the rats are cute and your cards are fabby!) for that! I now have to say eight things about myself and pass the award onto four others. As one of the questions in a job interview today was "Tell me about yourself" and it completely flummoxed me, I might struggle with this too, but here goes:

1. When I was younger I used to be a majorette and did all the baton-twirling and got to wear cute little outfits with tassley bits on.

2. Despite the above suggestion of childhood girlyness, I was also a bit of a tomboy and used to dismember any dolls I was given (maybe this also means I'm a closet serial killer!).

3. When I left school I trained and worked as a veterinary nurse for many years but gave it up because dealing with ill animals day in, day out made me too sad to do my job properly.

4. I've got very small feet (size 3) but I never use this to my advantage and save money by buying kids' shoes.

5. The only time I've really been drunk was at my 30th birthday party and there are bits of the evening I just don't recall, worryingly.

6. At one point I planned to change my name to Briony.

7. I'd love to have worked in forensics as an alternative career because I find the subject fascinating (definately psychotic tendencies there!).

8. I'm a great believer in the philosophy of Zen. I only wish I could live my life accordingly!

And now for the four other blogs (in no particular order)

1. Toni

2. Sarpreet

3. Helen

4. Lesley

Well, I hope that meets the criteria! Other than that, life has been a blur of job-hunting and planning for the future. I've finally got my last two Valentine's designs ready for printing and making into cards - about time, too!


Birds seem to feature quite heavily in my work!

So do terrible puns!

Busy weekend coming up for me. Have a good one, everybody!

5 comments:

misteejay said...

Thank you so much for my award...I need to have a think about the 8 things LOL

Love those tweeties - they are so cute.

Toni xx

Sharon said...

I see you in a completely new light, Debbie *bit scared now* ;o)

The new designs are lovely, you're very talented.

I know I wasn't keen on the shop after the refurbishment but it was always lovely being able to pop in for a chat with you all. I'm going to miss that xxx

Sarpreet said...

Absolutely gorgeous - love the image

Helen Laurence said...

Hi Debbie, I too have been a bad blogger!! Thank you so much for the award. Sorry for delay in picking it up!! Hugs x

Lesley said...

thank you for my award will blog it soon - hoarding is what crafting is all about best wishes Lesley x